Candles have been used for many years for celebration, decor and spirituality.
In our day to day life we also use them to release stress and create a relaxing ambience.
This article is ment to share simple techniques that you can implement at home to transform your mood and gain some peace of mind with candles.
Research have proven that unwind and relaxing on a daily basis have health benefit. In addition to that, relaxation has been known to strengthen immune response and enhance well-being.
Reduce tension with candle-gazing
Technique for reducing tension related headaches from Anna Selby – ”Quick & Easy stress busters”
- Light an unscented candle and place it on a table. Keep your spine straight and shoulders relaxed. Place your feet flat on the floor and hand on lap.
- Gaze at the candle flame for 10 s without blinking. Then close your eyes and cover them with your palms. Focus on the flame’s image held in your visual memory.
- Gaze at the candle with your right eye and cover your left eye for 10 s than swap. As you do so, turn your head slowly to the right and then to the left, keeping your eyes focused on the flame.
- Cover your eyes with your palms for few moments. Allow them to relax.
The aim of meditation is to train the conscious mind to a state of tranquillity. It can also help improve memory, concentration and develop ability to stay calm. Which should allow you to deal with stressful situations in a better way.
Focus your mind with a dancing flame
The purpose of focusing technique is to quiet your mind of its constant thinking and attain a measure of peace. Focusing on an object helps you calm, centre yourself and stabilises your mind. This can help you focus on whatever in day to day life.
Technique to promote ability to focus your mind, calm fears, and provide a sense of warmth and security. From Madonna Gauding – ”The Meditation Bible”
- Sit one metre away from your candle, which should be eye level. Other lighting in the room should be low.
- Begin your session with 9 round breathing.
- Focus on the candle flame and try to empty your mind of all thoughts. With each in-breathe, allow the light and warmth of the candle flame to free your mind of any fears, anxiety or insecurity. When extraneous thoughts intervene, refocus on the candle flame.
- Meditate in this way for 10 to 15 min.
Aromatherapy has been used for thousand years. Some of the benefits include ability to reduce anxiety, boost energy levels, strengthen the immune system or induce sleep.
Change your mood with scents
Here some scents benefit.
- LAVENDER: Good for calming and soothing. It can help release anxiety, treat headaches and help sleeping.
- ROSE: Rose has the ability to relax and have some calming benefit. It is a colour for inspiration and romance.
- LEMON: Lemon scent is good for uplifting. It promotes clarity of the mind and encourage spiritual healing.
Use of fragrances in our day to day life can help clear up negative emotions, trigger memories that can help us feel good, or set the mood. But well being is also a mind set and a life hygiene. Regular exercices and healthy diet should help keep the body in good shape and gain perfect balance in life.